Menu

fire inspectors association of indiana

Fire Prevention Ordinances

• Saturday, October 23, 2021 07:48
    Reply # 11808832 on 11590003
    Ronald “ Todd” Atherton (Administrator)

Alan

I will tell you that fees and fines schedule is the exact page that killed the entire package here in Harrison County. 

The commissioners are absolutely against the Fire department having any legal authority to impose any monetary fees or fines against the local businesses regardless of the severity of the offense. 

The reasoning behind the need for the fee schedule was explained in great detail however there are some underlying political issues that have made this a real struggle. 

I found a fees and fines schedule on the DHS page and used it “thinking “ since it was already vetted by the SFMO and the States Attorneys office it would pass with no opposition. 

good luck, if you have questions get ahold of me and we will chat  

• Monday, October 18, 2021 10:48
    Message # 11590003

We are in the process of making a full fire prevention ordinance and I was wondering how you set up your fee schedule(s) for violations, re-inspections,  fire watch, false alarms, ect. My concern, right now at least, is not really the money aspect but the ability to compel people to do the right thing and get their problems fixed. I know there are people that just don't care and will fight any and everything, and those will take the most time and effort and might even have to go through the court system. I don't want to punish people or businesses unnecessarily, or scare them away, but I do want them to take the life safety aspects of the building or businesses seriously. Thank you in advance!

Mailing Address: 

Fire Inspectors Association of Indiana

17437 Carey Road

Westfield, IN 46074