Menu

fire inspectors association of indiana

Better Than Paper

• Wednesday, January 10, 2024 09:26
    Reply # 13299296 on 13298732
    Ronald Lipps (Administrator)

I had a little more luck going down the rabbit hole. The distributor provided the certificate from California, and the California SFM provided their test report. 

Unfortunately it doesn't provide the satisfaction of a correlation with an non-California standard, but it it is documentation that it's been tested and doesn't burn well. 

2 files
  • Wednesday, January 10, 2024 09:15
    Reply # 13299289 on 13298732

We have /had the same issue here in Wayne Township.  We are also requiring them to dial back to a reasonable percentage, because no one can provide any information on it's fire resistance other than what's on the package label, which  is not sufficient.  I also reached out to the manufacture some time ago and they could not or would not provide what I would call acceptable information.

• Tuesday, January 09, 2024 08:38
    Message # 13298732
    Ronald Lipps (Administrator)

Has anyone in the group researched and gotten any better information from the manufacturer of "Better than Paper" than their provided "...not considered to be a flammable", and a CPSC standard that doesn't appear to correlate with the IFC/NFPA?

We are working with our school system to get some specific teachers to dial back to the required percentage of wall covering (they had near 100% coverage), and they are looking at this as an alternative.

I've got an email in to a distributor to see if they respond.

1 file

Mailing Address: 

Fire Inspectors Association of Indiana

17437 Carey Road

Westfield, IN 46074