Menu

fire inspectors association of indiana

Online training

• Friday, February 19, 2021 10:46
    Reply # 10116955 on 10114959
    Ronald Lipps (Administrator)

Thanks for the feedback. Spread the word! 

One thing we are missing out on are the "roundtable" discussions that were more frequent in the in-person meetings. Until we get those  going again, I see some logic in having regular "open forum" meetings for members to bring up problems and solutions they've had. Hopefully someone beats me to it, but I may look at hosting some when I get some time to organize. 

• Thursday, February 18, 2021 18:20
    Message # 10114959
    Ronald “ Todd” Atherton (Administrator)

Good afternoon,

As a new member of the organization “ I had no idea it even existed unit my wife found it on Social media.” I came across this program and wished there where more of them. 

I am a Fire Investigator as well and we have tons of online training opportunities even before this COVID crap available for In service training. I know NFPA, ICC etc all have pay to play online training available but unfortunately there are limited budgets for these opportunities.

I know there used to be occasional 4 hour training sessions locally but those disappeared a few years back down here in the southern part of the state, not sure if they still occur up north or not. 

I am aware that group meeting are pretty much frowned upon now days, but theses short online meetings that cover a specific topic or chapter are a great way to get folks together and networking and just keeping up with our skills.

I know these programs take time and planning but I am interested in assisting someone getting these up and running if there is an interest here in the group. 

Ron Lipp’s  thanks for this presentation, great job on a very underrated chapter. 

Thanks for all you folks do, be safe 

Todd 

2 files
    Last modified: Friday, February 19, 2021 12:20 | Ronald “ Todd” Atherton (Administrator)

Mailing Address: 

Fire Inspectors Association of Indiana

17437 Carey Road

Westfield, IN 46074