Menu

fire inspectors association of indiana

One step forward and now several backwards.

• Saturday, August 14, 2021 11:47
    Reply # 10931477 on 10767464
    Ronald “ Todd” Atherton (Administrator)

Well it looks like the local politicians are bringing this to a halt. They truly believe that having safer buildings and businesses for the public will cause a loss of revenue and loss of growth in the community. 
    So it is back to the drawing board to figure out how someone like me that was hired from outside the local community can influence the longtime sitting government officials that it is essential for public safety. 

The photos, spreadsheets, statistics of the violations, email complaints from patrons that I receive weekly unfortunately do not paint a grim enough picture to the policy makers.

So again I’m asking for help from those of you that have gone down this road, how do you convince the county government that a fire code ordinance is in their best interests?

Keep in mind commissioners, council, planning and zoning, all of these folks have been in office for multiple terms so getting them to change their way of thinking is apparently going to take an unorthodox presentation, because simply telling them the truth showing them fax and sending them photographs on a daily basis of serious fire code violations isn’t getting the point across.

Any ideas? 

Last modified: Saturday, August 14, 2021 11:48 | Ronald “ Todd” Atherton (Administrator)
  • Thursday, July 22, 2021 06:31
    Message # 10767464
    Ronald “ Todd” Atherton (Administrator)

Meetings with the Town of Corydon have spaked an interest by he County Commissionerss as to why there is no Fire Prevention Ordinance in the county.

I have been busy for the past several months meeting with business owners, County and Town leadership to address the issues being found daily in our local businesses. 

Now that our efforts have made the paper I'm hoping the Community joins the department in our efforts. 

Does anyone who have been through the same process have any suggestions or information I can use to keep the momentum moving. 

Be safe 

Todd

1 file
    Last modified: Saturday, August 14, 2021 13:39 | Ronald “ Todd” Atherton (Administrator)

Mailing Address: 

Fire Inspectors Association of Indiana

17437 Carey Road

Westfield, IN 46074